Aleister Crowley Quotes About Magic, Jesus, Love, Life, Little Sunshine, Poems, Yoga & Success! Aleister Crowley was a ritual magician and occultist from England. He was called “the evilest guy in the universe.” He was born on October 12th, 1875, in London. While he was eight years old, he was sent to H.T. Habershon’s evangelical Christian boarding school to learn. When he was put to a school in Eastbourne, he took an interest in poetry, climbing, and chess.
In 1897, he began to take an interest in the occult and other forms of black magic. Only after this did he devote his time and energy to learning about the supernatural. He dropped out of ‘Cambridge’ in 1898 without finishing his degree, despite academically being a strong academic student. In 1898, he participated in the ‘Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn,’ an esoteric group.
Known as the greatest occultist of all time, Aleister Crowley’s main achievement in ceremonial magic was the foundation of the religion Thelema. Instead of following their selfish desires, followers of this religion are taught to pursue their ‘True Will,’ or ultimate destiny. He is the author of the most important sacred “The Book of the Law,” which he said his holy guardian angel “Aiwass” had sent to him as a dictation.
He had many children with various women due to his many sexual encounters; therefore, he had a large family. In 1947, he passed away as a result of a respiratory ailment. One of the most prominent occultists in history is still regarded decades after his demise.
Best Aleister Crowley Quotes
1. “I hardly ever talk- words seem such a waste, and they are none of them true. No one has yet invented a language from my point of view.” – Aleister Crowley
2. “Balance every thought with its opposition. Because the marriage of them is the destruction of illusion.” – Aleister Crowley
3. “Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.” – Aleister Crowley
4. “A single ego is an absurdly narrow vantage point from which to view the world.” – Aleister Crowley
5. “The more necessary anything appears to my mind, the most certain it is that I only assert a limitation.” – Aleister Crowley
6. “In the absence of willpower, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.” – Aleister Crowley
7. “A man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.” – Aleister Crowley
8. “Knowledge is really confined to experience.” – Aleister Crowley
9. “Love stories are only fit for the solace of people in the insanity of puberty. No healthy adult human being can really care whether so-and-so does or does not succeed in satisfying his physiological uneasiness by the aid of some particular person or not.” – Aleister Crowley
10. “Thou hast no right but to do thy will… For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.” – Aleister Crowley
11. “Intolerance is evidence of impotence.” – Aleister Crowley
12. “Having to talk destroys the symphony of silence.” – Aleister Crowley
13. “The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous, and menacing.” – Aleister Crowley
14. “The joy of life consists in the exercise of one’s energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.” – Aleister Crowley
15. “I was asked to memorize what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner.” – Aleister Crowley
16. “Modern morality and manners suppress all natural instincts, keep people ignorant of the facts of nature and make them fighting drunk on bogey tales.” – Aleister Crowley
17. “Everyone interprets everything in terms of his own experience. If you say anything which does not touch a precisely similar spot in another man’s brain, he either misunderstands you, or he doesn’t understand you at all.” – Aleister Crowley
18. “Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.” – Aleister Crowley
19. “It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” – Aleister Crowley
20. “The conscience of the world is so guilty that it always assumes that people who investigate heresies must be heretics; just as if a doctor who studies leprosy must be a leper. Indeed, it is only recently that science has been allowed to study anything without reproach.” – Aleister Crowley
21. “Astrology has no more useful function than this, to discover the inmost nature of a man and to bring it out into his consciousness, that he may fulfill it according to the law of light.” – Aleister Crowley
22. “People think that talking is a sign of thinking. It isn’t, for the most part’ on the contrary, it’s a mechanical dodge of the body to relieve oneself of the strain of thinking, just as exercising the muscles helps the body to become temporarily unconscious of its weight, its pain, its weariness, and the foreknowledge of its doom.” – Aleister Crowley
23. “Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment, and practice than in any other branch of physics.” – Aleister Crowley
24. “It is necessary, in this world, to be made of harder stuff than one’s environment.” – Aleister Crowley
25. “We must conquer life by living it to the full, and then we can go to meet death with a certain prestige.” – Aleister Crowley