Best Andy Warhol Quotes
Andy Warhol Quotes About Art, Life, Love, Death, Beauty & Success! An American artist Andy Warhol was a crucial player in the aesthetic art movement recognized as pop art. During the 1960s, he was interested in the link between creative expression, celebrity culture, and advertising, and he created works that explored this relationship. On the 6th of August in 1928, he was born. Warhol studied painting at the University of Pittsburgh before earning a postgraduate degree in commercial art from the Carnegie Institute of Technology. He later became a well-known commercial artist, creating illustrations for magazines.
Finally achieving success as a commercial illustrator, Warhol rose to become a well-known and occasionally controversial artist. Many of Andy Warhol’s paintings and papers are displayed at the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In the United States, the biggest museum is devoted only to one artist’s work. Hand sketching, painting, printing, silk screening, sculpture, video, and music are just a few mediums Warhol used to create his works.
He started Interview Magazine and wrote various books, including Popism: The Warhol Sixties and The Philosophy of Andy Warhol. Andy Warhol is also known as a homosexual guy who lived publicly as such before the gay liberation movement. Warhol has been the focus of several retrospective exhibits, publications, and feature- and documentary-length films.
Many of his masterpieces are sought after by collectors and are worth a great deal. Warhol’s artwork named Eight Elvises from 1963 sold for $100 million at auction, making it the most expensive his painting ever sold. According to a 2009 feature in The Economist on Warhol’s private seller, he was the “bellwether of the art market.” On the 22nd of February, 1987, he died.
Best Andy Warhol Quotes
1. “Everything has it beauty, but not everyone sees it.” — Andy Warhol
2. “If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping.” — Andy Warhol
3. “I just do art because I’m ugly and there’s nothing else for me to do.” — Andy Warhol
4. “I can never get over when you’re on the beach how beautiful the sand looks and the water washes it away and straightens it up and the trees and the grass all look great. I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.” — Andy Warhol
5. “When I did my self-portrait, I left all the pimples out because you always should. Pimples are a temporary condition and they don’t have anything to do with what you really look like. Always omit the blemishes – they’re not part of the good picture you want.” — Andy Warhol
6. “I always notice flowers.” — Andy Warhol
7. “Just because people throw it out and don’t have any use for it, doesn’t mean it’s garbage.” — Andy Warhol
8. “Beauty is a sign of intelligence.” – Andy Warhol
9. “I always hear myself saying, ‘She’s a beauty!’ or ‘He’s a beauty!’ or ‘What a beauty!’ but I never know what I’m talking about.” — Andy Warhol
10. “An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have.” — Andy Warhol
11. “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
12. “The idea is not to live forever; it is to create something that will.” – Andy Warhol
13. “A picture means I know where I was every minute. That’s why I take pictures. It’s a visual diary.” – Andy Warhol
14. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” – Andy Warhol
15. “Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” – Andy Warhol
16. “But I’m afraid if you look at a thing long enough; it loses all of its meaning.” – Andy Warhol
17. “Don’t think about making art, just get it done.” – Andy Warhol
18. “Art is what you can get away with.” – Andy Warhol
19. “Everybody must have a fantasy.” — Andy Warhol
20. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
21. “People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.” — Andy Warhol
22. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” —Andy Warhol
23. “As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.” — Andy Warhol
24. “Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, ‘So what.’ That’s one of my favorite things to say. ‘So what.’” — Andy Warhol
25. “The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting.” — Andy Warhol