Best Bruce Lee Quotes
Bruce Lee Quotes About Fighting, Love, Mind, Negativity, Child, & Inspirational! However tragically short his life was, Bruce Lee is still widely regarded as a pioneer in martial arts. He brought a wide range of martial arts to the West they had never seen before, and he set the path for future Asian cinema stars in terms of how they were seen. On November 27, 1940, in San Francisco, California, Bruce Lee was born Lee Jun Fan. He is a well-known actor and martial artist. He became well-known for his appearance in The Green Hornet’s television series, which ran from 1966 to 1967.
Lee returned to Hong Kong in the summer of ’71 after a severe back ailment and a shortage of quality acting jobs. Fists of Fury and The Chinese Connection were the two films Lee contracted for production in Hong Kong. American reviewers panned both of these films, but they smashed box office records in Hong Kong, where they were a huge hit.
In 1972, Bruce Lee was already a household name in Asia, despite his lack of popularity in the United States. When he started filming Enter the Dragon, he was only 32 years old when he died a month before its premiere.
After his death, Lee’s legacy was confirmed when Enter the Dragon was released as a posthumous tribute to him. Although Bruce Lee’s film Enter the Dragon took in over $200 million at the box office, he was far from finished. Lee’s reputation as a martial arts actor and actor continues via the likes of Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris, despite his untimely and unexplained death in obscurity. Actor and martial artist Bruce Lee continues to be loved even now, thanks to his refusal to allow Hollywood’s lack of readiness for an Asian actor to stop him from realizing his ambitions.
Best Bruce Lee Quotes
- “To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.” Bruce Lee
- “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” Bruce Lee
- “Only the self-sufficient stand alone–most people follow the crowd and imitate.” Bruce Lee
- “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.” Bruce Lee
- “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.” Bruce Lee
- “Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul.” Bruce Lee
- “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” Bruce Lee
- “Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.” Bruce Lee
- “The moment is freedom. I couldn’t live by a rigid schedule. I try to live freely from moment to moment, letting things happen and adjusting to them.” Bruce Lee
- “The doubters said, ‘Man can not fly.’ The doers said, ‘Maybe, but we’ll try,’ and finally soared in the morning glow while non-believers watched from below.” Bruce Lee
- “Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. There is ‘what is’ only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.” Bruce Lee
- “The more we value things, the less we value ourselves.” Bruce Lee
- “Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.”
- “All knowledge simply means self-knowledge.” Bruce Lee
- “Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. The relationship is a process of self-evaluation and self-revelation. The relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself–to be is to be related.” Bruce Lee
- “Choose the positive. You have a choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.” Bruce Lee
- “Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.” Bruce Lee
- “Many people dedicate their lives to actualizing a concept of what they should be like, rather than actualizing themselves. This difference between self-actualization and self-image actualization is very important. Most people live only for their image.” Bruce Lee
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.” Bruce Lee
- “You just wait. I’m going to be the biggest Chinese Star in the world.” Bruce Lee