Best Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Buckminster Fuller Quotes About Work, Wealth, Change, Spaceship Earth, Sustainability, Technology, Love & Philosophy! Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, inventor, designer, systems theorist, futuristic, and writer of the 20th century. For him, the geodesic dome was the only viable option since it had no restrictions on the building’s size. On July 12, 1895, Buckminster Fuller was born in Milton, Massachusetts, USA. He began creating things as a child. When he was just 12, he invented a ‘push pull’ rowboat propeller.
After graduation, his first job was as an auto mechanic in Canada and then a meat-packing worker. During World War I in the US Navy, he was also a shipboard radio operator for his service during World War I. He was fired from his position as president of Stockade in 1927 when he was 32 years old. In the end, he decided to start on a new adventure to have a positive impact on the world and help all of humankind.
During 1948 and 1949, Buckminster Fuller was a professor at Black Mountain College in North Carolina. The geodesic dome was invented around this period. He built his first geodesic dome structure in 1949. Between 1959 and 1970, Fuller taught at the Southern Illinois University Carbondale campus. Since then, he’s given several lectures across the world.
Despite the fact that Dr. Walther Bauersfeld had created the geodesic dome 26 years before Fuller’s invention, he was given United States patents for the structure in the same year. Buckminster Fuller received several honorary doctorates during his lifetime. He received a total of 28 patents from the United States. The American Institute of Architects awarded Fuller a Gold Medal in 1970 for his contributions to architecture. Fuller passed away on July 1, 1983.
Best Buckminster Fuller Quotes
1. “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – Buckminster Fuller
2. “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” – Buckminster Fuller
3. “I live on Earth at present, and I don’t know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing — a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process — an integral function of the universe.” – Buckminster Fuller
4. “We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims.” – Buckminster Fuller
5. “When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.” – Buckminster Fuller
6. “Those who play with the devil’s toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.” – Buckminster Fuller
7. “People should think things out fresh and not just accept conventional terms and the conventional way of doing things.” – Buckminster Fuller
8. “Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.” – Buckminster Fuller
9. “Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.” – Buckminster Fuller
10. “Truth is a tendency.” – Buckminster Fuller
11. “Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.” – Buckminster Fuller
12. “We are not going to be able to operate our Spaceship Earth successfully nor for much longer unless we see it as a whole spaceship and our fate as common. It has to be everybody or nobody.” – Buckminster Fuller
13. “Don’t fight forces, use them.” – Buckminster Fuller
14. “I just invent, then wait until man comes around to needing what I’ve invented.” – Buckminster Fuller
15. “A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist, and evolutionary strategist.” – Buckminster Fuller
16. “You can never learn less, you can only learn more.” – Buckminster Fuller
17. “One in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a wage.” – Buckminster Fuller
18. “How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else.” – Buckminster Fuller
19. “I look for what needs to be done. After all, that’s how the universe designs itself.” – Buckminster Fuller
20. “The most important thing about Spaceship Earth – an instruction book didn’t come with it.” – Buckminster Fuller
21. “Here is God’s purpose – for God, to me, it seems, is a verb not a noun, proper or improper.” – Buckminster Fuller
22. “If you are the master be sometimes blind, if you are the servant be sometimes deaf.” – Buckminster Fuller
23. “Tombs are the clothes of the dead and a grave is a plain suit; while an expensive monument is one with embroidery.” – Buckminster Fuller
24. “The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.” – Buckminster Fuller
25. “If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference.” – Buckminster Fuller