Best Coco Chanel Quotes
Coco Chanel Quotes About Fashion, Wall Art, Beauty, Life, Hair, Style & Success! Coco Chanel was a well-known French fashion designer and the founder of the Chanel fashion brand. First, she was a pioneer in distinguishing between the traditional and informal fashion. Chanel was born on August 19, 1883. She grew raised in a poor neighborhood and had a difficult upbringing.
During the bronchitis-induced death of her mother at the age of 12, Chanel’s father sent her and other girls to the convent of Aubazine in central France. Due to the high demands of Aubazine, Chanel was forced to leave and seek refuge in the nearby town of Moulins at a boarding school for Catholic girls.
Chanel established a high bar for future fashion designers by creating everlasting icons. She had a significant role in defying gender stereotypes and releasing women from the suffocating “skintight silhouette,” as well as popularizing the athletic casual-chic aesthetic. Couture apparel, purses, and jewelry were just some of the items that she wore with flair. On top of that, she was an avid socialite who had an extensive network of contacts and commercial dealings.
Chanel was a dedicated, hard-working, and ambitious woman whose efforts were evident in her work. Several times, she lied about her age and where she was born to create an air of mystery about her. Chanel’s remarks about fashion and her work are apt: “Fashion passes, only style survives.” According to Time magazine’s selection of the 100 most influential persons of the twentieth century, Chanel becomes the only fashion designer to make a list. She passed away on January 10, 1971.
Best Coco Chanel Quotes
1. “Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.” – Coco Chanel
2. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
3. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
4. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
5. “Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” – Coco Chanel
6. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
7. “Elegance is refusal.” – Coco Chanel
8. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
9. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
10. “A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.” – Coco Chanel
11. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
12. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” – Coco Chanel
13. “I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.” – Coco Chanel
14. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” – Coco Chanel
15. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
16. “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.” – Coco Chanel
17. “Where should one use perfume? A young woman asked. Wherever one wants to be kissed.” – Coco Chanel
18. “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future!” – Coco Chanel
19. “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” – Coco Chanel
21. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
22. “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” – Coco Chanel
23. “It is always better to be slightly underdressed.” – Coco Chanel
24. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
25. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel