Conor McGregor Quotes About Funny, His Wife, Nate Diaz, Wallpaper, Motivation, Money, Life, Fookin & Van Gogh! Conor Anthony McGregor, also regarded as The Notorious, is a mixed martial arts competitor. Born in Dublin, Ireland, on July 14, 1988. McGregor completed his primary education at Gaelscoil and Gaelcholáiste and his senior education at Colaiste de Hilda in Tallaght. When he was younger, he was a team member of Lourdes Celtic football.
When Conor McGregor was only 12 years old, he joined the Crumlin Boxing Club in Dublin and began training in the sport. In this year of 2006, Conor McGregor and his family decided to relocate to Lucan, a Dublin suburb. Both Tom Egan and he started training in mixed martial arts in Lucan.
Marcus Brimage was the opponent for Conor McGregor’s UFC debut, which took place on April 6, 2013. In a technical knockout, McGregor won the round. Conor McGregor defeated Max Holloway on August 17, 2013, by unanimous decision in their UFC. On January 18, 2015, Conor McGregor fought Dennis Siver and won through technical knockout in the second round.
Even though the rematch with Diaz was set for July 9 of that year, McGregor had to postpone the fight because he couldn’t meet his responsibilities. Announcing his retirement on Twitter on April 19, 2016, Conor McGregor later clarified on Facebook that he had not resigned.
The battle between Irishman Conor McGregor and American Floyd Mayweather was set for August 26 in Las Vegas. The bout has been dubbed “the fight for the money” by WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman, a Mexican. In what would be the most profitable match in history, Mayweather would walk away with 300 million dollars, and Conor would take home 100 million dollars, based on current prize money projections.
Best Conor McGregor Quotes
1. “Doubt is only removed by action. If you’re not working then that’s where doubt comes in.” – Conor McGregor
2. “There’s no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession. Talent does not exist, we are all equals as human beings. You could be anyone if you put in the time. You will reach the top, and that’s that. I am not talented, I am obsessed.” – Conor McGregor
3. “I have never encountered a winner that held hate towards something.” – Conor McGregor
4. “It’s not really that much big of a deal – you brush it off and you come back. Defeat is the secret ingredient to success.” – Conor McGregor
5. “I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing. Keep proving people wrong and proving myself right.” – Conor McGregor
6. “I keep having vivid dreams of success. Then it’s time to sleep.” – Conor McGregor
7. “Failure is not an option for me. Success is all I envision.” – Conor McGregor
8. “Excellence is not a skill. Excellence is an attitude.” – Conor McGregor
9. “I stay ready so I don’t have to get ready.” – Conor McGregor
10. “All that matters is how you see yourself.” – Conor McGregor
11. “Do I hate my opponents? How can I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?” – Conor McGregor
12. “I was always a dreamer, and my first ambition was to be a footballer. I’d be out in the field doing drills after it got dark at night. So I had that passion to get somewhere and a drive to do something. I did love football and was always more into playing it than watching it. When I found combat sport, however, it just took over. It’s non-stop now.” – Conor McGregor
13. “Approach everything with an open mind, with a learning mind. You will never stop learning as long as you keep the mind-set that everything works, because everything does work. There’s a time and a place for every single move. If you work on it enough, it will work.” – Conor McGregor
14. “Be grateful with everything you have and you will be successful in everything you do.” – Conor McGregor
15. “My success isn’t a result of arrogance. It’s a result of belief.” – Conor McGregor
16. “Look out for those who look out for you. Loyalty is everything.” – Conor McGregor
17. “There’s people that focus on the game and forget about the art. There’s that specific individual that can do both.” – Conor McGregor
18. “You can’t fear success and I think a lot of people do. I think a lot of people fear the really high heights. But I am not one of those people… I’m not like that. I’m going for it.” – Conor McGregor
19. “We’re not just here to take part. We’re here to take over.” – Conor McGregor
20. “Winner focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.” – Conor McGregor
21. “What defines us is how well we rise after falling.” – Conor McGregor
22. “Always look to learn. Learning something new is a great feeling. The feeling of progress.” – Conor McGregor
23. “I’m going to the stars and then past them.” – Conor McGregor
24. “I am cocky in prediction. I am confident in preparation. But I am always humble in victory or defeat.” – Conor McGregor
25. “When I say something is going to happen, it’s going to happen.” – Conor McGregor
26. “I wish everyone well, but you need to focus on yourself. You need to stop putting your hand out. Everyone wants handouts. Everyone wants things for free. You’ve got to put in the world, you’ve got to grind, you’ve got to go through the struggle, and you’ve got to get it.” – Conor McGregor
27. “Don’t hide nothing. Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. Don’t care about what other people thing. Be yourself: you are what you are.” – Conor McGregor