Denzel Washington Quotes On Success, Dreams, and Love! In Hollywood, Denzel Washington is a global superstar. His lengthy and distinguished acting career has seen him take on a wide range of challenging roles, including Steve Biko to Malcolm X to Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, all of which have received critical praise.
It is hard to ignore that Denzel Washington has a diverse filmography that includes everything from socially aware drama to biographical drama to suspense thriller. Along with making great movies, Denzel and Spike Lee have set the stage for other African-American actors and actresses to assume their roles and create excellent films.
After obtaining a scholarship at the American Conservatory Theatre, Washington received his first glimpse of theatre. He initially gained attention in 1982 after joining the cast of St. Somewhere, a long-running television series. In addition, he has appeared in over 40 films four stage shows.
It is easy to understand why people look up to Washington. He has won two Oscars, three Golden Globes, a Tony, and several other honors, not to mention being named the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine. If that was not enough, Washington earned the Cecil B. DeMille Award for his lifetime of accomplishment at the 2016 Golden Globes. In addition, he came within a hair’s width of collecting his third Academy Award for his portrayal in Fences in 2017.
These Denzel Washington quotes can help you understand the importance of time and effort to achieve your goals. His determination and perseverance propelled him to stardom and made him a household name in Hollywood.
Top 10 Best Denzel Washington Quotes
1. “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington.
2. “I think a role model is a mentor – someone you see on a daily basis, and you learn from them.” – Denzel Washington.
3. “I’d be more frightened by procrastination and laziness.” – Denzel Washington.
4. “My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don’t need another plague.” – Denzel Washington.
5. “I’d be more frightened by not using whatever abilities I’d been given.” – Denzel Washington.
6. “Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.” – Denzel Washington.
7. “Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.” – Denzel Washington.
8. “If I am a cup maker, I’m interested in making the best cup I possibly can. My effort goes into that cup, not what people think about it.” – Denzel Washington.
9. “I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind and body together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened upon me – spiritually and financially.” – Denzel Washington.
10. “Every day, sincerely and without phoniness, try to understand and appreciate the people who work with you. Do your job well, learn your job well, but always remember that the people you work with are your most valuable asset. Embrace them. Honor them. Respect them.” – Denzel Washington.