Best Eckhart Tolle Quotes
Eckhart Tolle Quotes About Presence, Life, Success, Power of Now, Love, Happiness & Money! The Power of Now as well as A New Earth Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose are two of Eckhart Tolle’s best-selling works as a spiritual teacher and writer. He was born Ulrich Leonard Tolle on February 16, 1948, in Lunen, Germany. While he was in Spain, he did not get any official education. Taking classes at home, he got into literature, astronomy, and various languages. Tolle was strongly impacted by German mystic poet Joseph Anton Schneider Franken’s writings when he was 15 years old.
He entered after Tolle decided to study literature, philosophy, and psychology at the ‘University of London,’ he entered. In 1977, at the age of 29, Eckhart had a dramatic shift in his consciousness after an episode of acute despair. To his great relief and delight, he had a profound spiritual awakening. Tolle renounced his academic pursuits after he had achieved enlightenment.
In 2000, Oprah Winfrey’s magazine included the book’s recommendation. Immediately after this, the book’s sales soared, and it was included in the ‘New York Times Best Seller list. It’s been translated into 33 different languages so far. ‘Stillness Speaks’ was Tolle’s second book, released in 2003.
In 2005, he published his third book, titled “A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose.” ‘This book was a big hit too. In 2008, this was the first time the book was at the top of the New York Times Best Sellers list. Tolle founded the firm “Eckhart Teachings” to market things based on his teachings. He’s a lecturer known to go all over the place. All of his time is spent aiding others in their search for enlightenment.
Best Eckhart Tolle Quotes
1. “People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.”– Eckhart Tolle.
2. “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.”– Eckhart Tolle.
3. “Be true to life by being true to your inner purpose. As you become present and thereby total in what you do, your actions become charged with spiritual power.”– Eckhart Tolle.
4. “The secret of life is to ‘die before you die’ — and find that there is no death.”– Eckhart Tolle.
5. “The past has no power over the present moment.”– Eckhart Tolle.
6. “The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is.”– Eckhart Tolle.
7. “Let me say it again: the present moment is all you ever have.”– Eckhart Tolle.
8. “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”
– Eckhart Tolle.
9. “So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to misidentify from your mind.”– Eckhart Tolle.
10. “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.”– Eckhart Tolle.
11. “Being must be felt. It can’t be thought.”– Eckhart Tolle.
12. “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.”– Eckhart Tolle.
13. “You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”-Eckhart Tolle.
14. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.”– Eckhart Tolle.
15. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”– Eckhart Tolle.
16. “This, too, will pass.”– Eckhart Tolle.
17. “Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that other people have of you is inauthentic living.”– Eckhart Tolle.
18. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.”– Eckhart Tolle.
19. “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”– Eckhart Tolle.
20. “The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything.”– Eckhart Tolle.
21. “If I cannot live with myself, there must be two of me.”– Eckhart Tolle.
22. “Forget about your life situation and pay attention to your life. Your life situation exists in time. Your life is now. Your life situation is mind-stuff. Your life is real.”– Eckhart Tolle.
23. “Instead of asking ‘what do I want from life?’ A more powerful question is, ‘what does life want from me?’”– Eckhart Tolle.
24. “The entire phenomenal universe exists because of the tension between the opposites. Hot and cold, growth and decay, gain and loss, success and failure, the polarities that are part of existence, and of course part of every relationship.”– Eckhart Tolle.
25. “As far as inner transformation is concerned, there is nothing you can do about it. You cannot transform yourself, and you certainly cannot transform your partner or anybody else. All you can do is create a space for transformation to happen, for grace and love to enter.”– Eckhart Tolle.
26. “The object of love is interchangeable, as interchangeable as the object of egoic wanting. Some people go through many relationships. They fall in love and out of love many times. They love a person for a while until it doesn’t work anymore, because no person can permanently cover up that pain.”– Eckhart Tolle.
27. “Internal and external are ultimately one. When you no longer perceive the world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you think, speak, and act differently. Love and compassion arise, and they affect the world.”– Eckhart Tolle.
28. “All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.”– Eckhart Tolle.
29. “Love and joy are inseparable from your natural state of inner connectedness with Being. Glimpses of love and joy or brief moments of deep peace are possible whenever a gap occurs in the stream of thought.”– Eckhart Tolle.
30. “Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you.”– Eckhart Tolle.