Eric Thomas Quotes About Grind, Success, Lion, Breathe, Life, Motivational & Relationship! Known professionally as “ET the Hip-Hop Preacher,” Eric Thomas is a motivational speaker, author, and clergyman. On September 3, 1970, born in Chicago, IL, and grew up in Detroit, MI. He left high school and spent two years sleeping on the streets of Detroit after falling out together with his parents and aunts.
When he was living on the streets, he met a preacher who encouraged him to return to school and ultimately Change lives. Thomas graduated from Oakwood University in 2001 after completing a bachelor’s degree program there for twelve years. In Huntsville, Thomas preached and established a program to assist young people from low-income families in need.
While working at Michigan State University in 2003, Thomas was awarded a fellowship to pursue his master’s degree in K-12 Administration with a concentration in Educational Leadership. Students from low-income families were assigned to him as an academic counselor. Undergraduate students of color who were in danger of dropping out of school focused on a retention program called “The Advantage” that he founded at MSU with a fellow academic counselor and motivational speaker, DeAndre Carter.
After becoming a famous preacher and motivational speaker, Thomas developed a firm specializing in education consulting, executive coaching, and sports development. Thomas has delivered inspirational speeches to college and professional athletes. Because of his outstanding achievements, he has been nominated for several prizes by numerous organizations. In addition, he has received several awards for inspiring the nation’s youth. Despite all of this, Eric has reached great heights in his life and is still going.
Best Eric Thomas Quotes
1. “Everybody wants to be a beast, until it’s time to do what real beasts do.” – Eric Thomas
2. “Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.” – Eric Thomas
3. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
4. “Stop being average. You’re not even good. You were born to be great.” – Eric Thomas
5. “Everybody has a dream, but not everybody has a grind.” – Eric Thomas
6. “At some point in life you have to face your fears.” – Eric Thomas
7. “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice makes permanence!” – Eric Thomas
8. “Success is not for the weak and uncommitted… Sometimes it’s gonna hurt!” – Eric Thomas
9. “I use pain to push me to greatness” – Eric Thomas
10. “The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.” – Eric Thomas
11. “Some of you have been worshiped since you were in high school, so you don’t really know how to grind. Like, you talk grind. I love it…I go into the weight room, and you’re playing Pac.– Eric Thomas
12. “Every day I wake up and I am who I say am and I get what I get because I stay in beast mode.” – Eric Thomas
13. “If you would just believe that your day is coming. That the sacrifices you are making today are going to pay off. But you’ve got to do me a favor, you can get around all these people and get around all this information…but if you do not believe…it ain’t gon’ happen!” – Eric Thomas
14. “When you have something good… When you have something good, you don’t play with it! You don’t take chances with it! You don’t take risks with it!
15. “I don’t want to hang my hat on one area of life and think I’m successful. I’m not on that! I want the triple double.” – Eric Thomas
16. “Listen to me, even when you lose, it’s OK to lose, but you can never get comfortable with it. You can never be satisfied with losing. When you lose, it’s got to hurt.” – Eric Thomas
17. “You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You got to be willing to sacrifice sleep, if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.” – Eric Thomas
18. “I don’t care if you broke, you grew up broke… you grew up rich. You only get 24hrs in a day! We all only get 24 hours in a day. It’s what we do with it that makes the difference!” – Eric Thomas
19. “When you get to a place where you don’t go for what you can get, but you go for what you can give, you gonna see your life change tremendously.” – Eric Thomas
20. “Stop the blame game. Stop! Stop looking out the window and look in the mirror!” – Eric Thomas
21. “Success is never on discount! Greatness is never on sale! Greatness is never half off! It’s all or nothing! It’s all day, every day! Greatness is never on discount!” – Eric Thomas
22. “It’s realizing that a great dream is not as good as a great memory. The dream can be had by anyone. The memory – must be made.” – Eric Thomas
23. “I’m not minimizing your problems, but I’m saying…if life knocked you down 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago…and you still on the ground…we got a problem.” – Eric Thomas
24. “You ain’t average! But you know what? You’re playing small because it’s easier to be average.” – Eric Thomas
25. “I wanted to surround myself with the kind of people who could help me turn my life around; people whom I could rub up against like iron and be sharpened.” – Eric Thomas
26. “When you’re great! You attract great! When you’re average! You attract average.” – Eric Thomas
27. “Monday, I grind. Tuesday, I grind. Wednesday, I grind. Thursday, I grind. Friday, I grind. Saturday, I grind. Sunday, I grind. And, that’s why I’m here today.” – Eric Thomas
28. “Both desire and imagination are stored in the mind of the individual and when stretched, both have the potential to position a person for greatness.” – Eric Thomas
29. “You can’t cheat the grind, it knows how’s much you’ve invested, it won’t give you nothing you haven’t worked for.” – Eric Thomas
30. “When you got something good, you get every single thing you can get out of it! Because guess what? When you take care of something good, that something good takes care of you.” – Eric Thomas