Greta Thunberg Quotes About Climate Change, Cop26, Funny, Our House is On Fire, Deforestation, Global Warming, Life & Leadership! Environmental activist Greta Thunberg, born on January 3, 2003, is a well-known advocate for climate change mitigation. She is proficient in English, while most of her dealings with the public are conducted in this language. In the beginning, she requested that Sweden’s government implement the Paris Agreement’s goal of reducing carbon emissions by a worldwide percent.
After spending days outside the Riksdag, Sweden’s parliament, interest in Thunberg’s issue escalated, and she went viral for her outstanding TEDx talk in November 2018, which catapulted her to worldwide acclaim. At the age of 11, Thunberg first became aware of the growing issue. Therefore, she became so depressed that she stopped speaking or eating.
Asperger syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism, an ailment Thunberg claim she only overcomes when she wants to say everything vital, were recognized in the young activist. When Thunberg told her family to reduce spending on their carbon footprint, she drew the attention of activists with an essay on climate change that won a contest at a local newspaper. This led to her protesting, which quickly spread across Europe.
Since then, Thunberg has emerged as a leading advocate for the next generation in the fight against climate change. In her talks, she demonstrates her generation’s outrage at politicians and governments who intentionally impede efforts to halt the issue and work against activists. These powerful remarks frequently become viral. In the short time she rose to world fame, Greta became both a leader in the activist community and an aim for critics, mainly because she was so young when she started. The Guardian and other newspapers have called Greta the “Greta effect” because of her impact on the world stage.
Best Greta Thunberg Quotes
1. “At first when I heard about climate change, I was a climate denier. I didn’t think it was happening. Because if there really was an existential crisis like that, that would threaten our civilization, we wouldn’t be focusing on anything else.” – Greta Thunberg
2. “I think it is insane that people are gathered here to talk about the climate and they arrive here in private jets” – Greta Thunberg
3. “Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people, to give them hope, but I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” – Greta Thunberg
4. “Humans are very adaptable: we can still fix this. But the opportunity to do so will not last for long. We must start today. We have no more excuses.” – Greta Thunberg
5. “I’m not that special. I can’t convince everyone. I’m just going to do what I want to do and what will have most impact.” – Greta Thunberg
6. “For way too long, the politicians and the people in power have gotten away with not doing anything to fight the climate crisis, but we will make sure that they will not get away with it any longer. We are striking because we have done our homework and they have not.” – Greta Thunberg
7. “Some people, some companies, some decision-makers in particular, have known exactly what priceless values they have been sacrificing to continue making unimaginable amounts of money. And I think many of you here today belong to that group of people” – Greta Thunberg
8. “For way too long the politicians and people in power have got away with not doing anything at all to fight the climate crisis and ecological crisis. But we will make sure that they will not get away with it any longer. We will never stop fighting, we will never stop fighting for this planet, for ourselves, our futures and for the future’s of our children and grandchildren.” – Greta Thunberg
9. “Politicians one second say climate change is very important, it is the most important topic and we are going to do everything we can to stop it. And the next second, they want to expand airports, build new coal power plants and motorways. And then they fly off in a private jet to attend a meeting on the other side of the world.” – Greta Thunberg
10. “Humanity is now standing at a crossroads. We must now decide which path we want to take. How do we want the future living conditions for all living species to be like?” – Greta Thunberg
11. “This ongoing irresponsible behavior will no doubt be remembered in history as one of the greatest failures of humankind.” – Greta Thunberg
12. “Sometimes we just simply have to find a way. The moment we decide to fulfill something, we can do anything. And I’m sure the moment we start behaving as if we were in an emergency, we can avoid climate and ecological catastrophe.” – Greta Thunberg
13. “This is above all an emergency and not just any emergency. This is the biggest crisis humanity has ever faced. This is not something you can like on Facebook.” – Greta Thunberg
14. “This is not the time and place for dreams. This is the time to wake up. This is a moment in history where we need to be wide awake.” – Greta Thunberg
15. “We are the ones making a difference – we the people in Extinction Rebellion and the children’s School Strike for the Climate – we are the ones making a difference.” – Greta Thunberg
16. “You must not gamble your children’s future on the flip of a coin. Instead, you must unite behind the science. You must take action. You must do the impossible. Because giving up can never ever be an option.” – Greta Thunberg
17. “This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean, yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you?” – Greta Thunberg
18. “I don’t really like being in the centre of attention. I’m not used to that. All my life I have been like the invisible girl at the back that no one sees or listens to.” – Greta Thunberg
19. “I often talk to people who say, ‘No, we have to be hopeful and to inspire each other, and we can’t tell [people] too many negative things’ . . . But, no — we have to tell it like it is. Because if there are no positive things to tell, then what should we do, should we spread false hope? We can’t do that, we have to tell the truth.” – Greta Thunberg
20. “Since our leaders are behaving like children, we will have to take the responsibility they should have taken long ago.” – Greta Thunberg
21. “You say you love your children above all else and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.” – Greta Thunberg
22. “Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more, when no one is doing anything to save that future? And what is the point of learning facts when the most important facts clearly mean nothing to our society?” – Greta Thunberg
23. “If you still say that we are wasting valuable lesson time, then let me remind you our political leaders have wasted decades through denial and inaction” – Greta Thunberg
24. “Many of you appear concerned that we are wasting valuable lesson time, but I assure you we will go back to school the moment you start listening to science and give us a future.” – Greta Thunberg
25. “Of course, there are climate delayers who want to do everything to shift the focus of the climate crisis to something else or want to make people question the science.” – Greta Thunberg