Best Hedy Lamarr Quotes
Hedy Lamarr Quotes About Science, Invention, Life, Think Big Anyway, Beauty & Drawing! Additionally to her work as an actor and producer, Hedy Lamarr was also an inventor. Today’s wireless communication technologies, including Bluetooth and WIFI, have roots in her spread-spectrum inventions. She was given the date of November 9th, 1914, as her birthday. Lamarr’s acting career started at an early age. She exhibited a keen interest in theatre and movies even as a young kid. After winning the Vienna beauty pageant at the age of 12, Lamarr starred in her debut movie, Geld auf der Strase, at 17.
She continued her cinema profession and appeared in Czechoslovakian and German films. She took the stage name Hedy Lamarr after making it to Hollywood. Algiers (1938), her first Hollywood picture, made her a major celebrity. Spenser Tracy and Charles Boyer were among with the famous actors she worked.
Additionally, Lamarr was known for her inventions during the onset of World War II, which made her a household name. While she came up with the concept for WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth, she patented it, making her the inventor of these technologies. When Lamarr visited Howard Hughes and John F. Kennedy, they gave her experimental supplies to use in her research. In 1942, Lamarr and Antheil’s “Secret Communication System” was granted a patent.
Their invention was to overcome the signal blocking experienced by the Axis powers during World War II while using radio-controlled missiles as a combat weapon. The Bluetooth system now employs a variety of spread spectrum technologies. Although being formally acknowledged by the US military for her contributions to technology, Lamarr did not get any pay. Despite her invention laying the path for a multi-billion-dollar enterprise. Lamarr died away in Casselberry, Florida, in January of 2000.
Best Hedy Lamarr Quotes
1. “I win because I learned years ago that scared money always loses. I never care, so I win.”-Hedy Lamarr.
2. “I don’t fear death because I don’t fear anything I don’t understand.”-Hedy Lamarr.
3. “Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.”-Hedy Lamarr.
4. “I’m fifty-one years old, but I’m not through yet. I have lived a full life, and intend packing in quite a lot more.”-Hedy Lamarr.
5. “Jack Kennedy always said to me, Hedy, get involved. That’s the secret of life. Try everything. Join everything. Meet everybody.”-Hedy Lamarr.
6. “Confidence is something you’re born with. I know I had loads of it even at the age of 15.”-Hedy Lamarr.
7. “I was madly in love with life.”-Hedy Lamarr.
8. “All a woman needs is a good bath, clean clothes, and for her hair to be combed. These things she can do herself. I very seldom go to the hairdresser, but when I do, I just marvel.”-Hedy Lamarr.
9. “If I were to name my favorite pastime, I’d have to say talking about myself… We need, people like us, more listeners and less talkers.”-Hedy Lamarr.
10. “To be a star is to own the world and all the people in it. After a taste of stardom, everything else is poverty.”-Hedy Lamarr.
11. “I enjoy countless hundreds pursuing me. I love those who love me the most. I am sort of flattered by men showing attention to me.”-Hedy Lamarr.
12. “Perhaps my problem in marriage – and it is the problem of many women – was to want both intimacy and independence. It is a difficult line to walk, yet both needs are important to a marriage.”-Hedy Lamarr.
13. “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.”-Hedy Lamarr.
14. “Men are most virile and most attractive between the ages of 35 and 55. Under 35 a man has too much to learn, and I don’t have time to teach him.”-Hedy Lamarr.
15. “I advise everybody not to save: spend your money. Most people save all their lives and leave it to somebody else. Money is to be enjoyed.”-Hedy Lamarr.
16. “All creative people want to do the unexpected.”-Hedy Lamarr.
17. “I can excuse everything but boredom. Boring people don’t have to stay that way.”-Hedy Lamarr.
18. “I’ve met the most interesting people while flying or on a boat. These methods of travel seem to attract the kind of people I want to be with.”-Hedy Lamarr.
19. “It is easier for women to succeed in business, the arts, and politics in America than in Europe.”-Hedy Lamarr.
20. “I must quit marrying men who feel inferior to me. Somewhere there must be a man who could be my husband and not feel inferior.”-Hedy Lamarr.
21. “I have always felt that if a man gives you a solid gold key to his door he is entitled to the courtesy of a visit.”-Hedy Lamarr.
22. “It’s funny about men and women. Men pay in cash to get them and pay in cash to get rid of them. Women pay emotionally coming and going. Neither has it easy.”-Hedy Lamarr.
23. “Men are fine, love is fine, it’s marriage I’m a little disappointed in.”-Hedy Lamarr.
24. “Many people are target people. Once when Louis B. Mayer insulted me I poured a glass of water over his head.”-Hedy Lamarr.
25. “Compromise and tolerance are magic words. It took me 40 years to become philosophical.”-Hedy Lamarr.
26. “Lawyers know how to take isolated complaints in a divorce case and build them into one big one.”-Hedy Lamarr.
27. “A good painting to me has always been like a friend. It keeps me company, comforts and inspires.”-Hedy Lamarr.
28. “Every girl would like to marry a rich husband. I did twice. But what divides girls into two groups is this question – do you first think of money and then love, or vice versa?”-Hedy Lamarr.
29. “I know when I’m working I seldom get into trouble. My educated guess is that boredom has caused most of the problems with Hollywood celebrities.”-Hedy Lamarr.
30. “Hope and curiosity about the future seemed better than guarantees. The unknown was always so attractive to me… and still is.”-Hedy Lamarr.