Best J.k. Rowling Quotes
J.k. Rowling Quotes About Life, Love, Reading, Writing, Magic, Books, Never Giving Up, & Harry Potter! British novelist and filmmaker J.K. Rowling is best known for youngsters’ Harry Potter book series. Over 500 million books have been sold in the series, and a blockbuster series has been made. A native of Yate, England, Rowling was given Joanne Rowling on July 31, 1965.
Her mother’s death had been a devastating experience for her, and her brief marriage had recently ended. She was unemployed, a single mother facing severe clinical depression, and attempting to raise a kid on state welfare assistance of £68 a week (approximately $90 US). “As destitute as it is conceivable to be in contemporary Britain, without being homeless,” she said herself, “feeling like an awful failure at every level and surviving hand to mouth without a sign of an exit to the tunnel.
Rowling’s only method to keep her spirits up was to immerse herself in the fantasy world she had created for herself. She had a sneaking suspicion that putting all of her energy into the one thing that kept her going – the thing that kept her dreaming – could have been the one thing that had kept her alive.
With more than a dozen publishers rejecting her work over five long and arduous years of writing, Rowling persisted – and eventually succeeded. More than seven sequels later, the Harry Potter series continues to break records, selling more than 450 million copies in 78 languages across the globe, inspiring an entire generation of young readers. Therefore, Rowling has contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to various charities and has been actively involved in more than a dozen of them.
Best J.k. Rowling Quotes
1. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – JK Rowling
2. “Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.” – JK Rowling
3. “Humans have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” – JK Rowling
4. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – JK Rowling
5. “Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.” – JK Rowling
6. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – JK Rowling
7.”There’s always room for a story that can transport people to another place.” – JK Rowling
8. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” – JK Rowling
9. “I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.” – JK Rowling
10. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” – JK Rowling
11. “I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” – JK Rowling
12. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – JK Rowling
13. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” – JK Rowling
14. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.” – JK Rowling
15. You can control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful. – JK Rowling
16. “The stories we love best do live in us forever so wether you come back by page or by the big screen Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” – JK Rowling
17. “As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.” – JK Rowling
18. “Life is difficult, and complicated, and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.” – JK Rowling
19. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – JK Rowling
20. “You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – JK Rowling
21. “You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity.” – JK Rowling
22. “Luck can only get you so far.” – JK Rowling
23. “Humans have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” – JK Rowling
24. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – JK Rowling
25. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – JK Rowling