Best Joan Of Arc Quotes
Joan Of Arc Quotes About Catholic, I am not Afraid, Leadership, Faith, Strong Women, Goodreads, Inspirational, Movie, Battle & Success! An iconic figure in French history, Joan of Arc rose to prominence as the woman led the French army directly to victory against the British during the Hundred Years’ War. In France, she is revered as a national hero and is called ‘The Maid of Orleans.’ She was born in Domrémy, the Duchy of Bar, Kingdom of France, in the early 15th century. According to mythology, she was born in the year 1412. Modest peasants raised her with around 20 hectares (about 50 acres) of land each.
Joan was shown to have seen visions of angels and saints when she was a small kid. From an early age, Joan like her religiously interested parents, had a strong desire to know more about God and the afterlife. Her faith was further bolstered when she saw glimpses of the divine. According to her, Saint Michael, Saint Catherine, and Saint Margaret had told her to expel the English and transport the Dauphin to Reims for her crowning.
France’s crown had been contested at the time between Dauphin Charles (later Charles VII) and King Henry VI of England. Dauphin de France had not been anointed king of France for seven years after her father’s death. She requested permission to enter the Dauphin and her cause, driven by the voices of the saints.
A year later, she was seized by the enemy and placed in prison for witchcraft. On the 30th of May, 1431, she passed away. Music, cinema, and literature have all taken inspiration from her. Her ideas, works, and cultural representations may be found on television, in video games, in films, in music, and on stage.
Best Joan Of Arc Quotes
1. “Everything I have said or done is in the hands of God. I commit myself to Him! I certify to you that I would do or say nothing against the Christian faith.“– Joan of Arc.
2. “About Jesus Christ and the Church, I simply know they’re just one thing, and we shouldn’t complicate the matter.“– Joan of Arc.
3. “But since God had commanded me to go, I must do it. And since God had commanded it, had I had a hundred fathers and a hundred mothers, and had I been a king’s daughter, I would have gone.“– Joan of Arc.
4. “Men are sometimes hanged for speaking the truth.”– Joan of Arc.
5. “Alas! that my body, clean and whole, never been corrupted, today must be consumed and burnt to ashes!”– Joan of Arc.
6. “Truly, if you were to tear me limb from limb and separate my soul from my body, I would not say anything more.“– Joan of Arc.
7. “Even though I saw the executioner and the fire, I could not say anything but what I have said.“– Joan of Arc.
8. “I was thirteen when I had a voice from God for my help and guidance.”– Joan of Arc.
9. “In God’s name let us go on bravely.”– Joan of Arc.
10. “But to surrender who you are and to live without belief is more terrible than dying – even more terrible than dying young.”– Joan of Arc.
11. “The light comes at the same time as the Voice.“– Joan of Arc.
12. “Act, and God will act, work and He will work.“– Joan of Arc.
13. “I am not afraid… I was born to do this.”– Joan of Arc.
14. “I place trust in God, my creator, in all things; I love Him with all my heart.“– Joan of Arc.
15. “You say that you are my judge; I do not know if you are; but take good heed not to judge me ill, because you would put yourself in great peril.”– Joan of Arc.
16. “Of the love or hatred God has for the English, I know nothing, but I do know that they will all be thrown out of France, except those who die there.”– Joan of Arc.
17. “It is true that the king has made a truce with the duke of Burgundy for fifteen days and that the duke is to turn over the city of Paris at the end of fifteen days.”– Joan of Arc.
18. “Go forward bravely. Fear nothing. Trust in God; all will be well.”– Joan of Arc.
19. “All battles are first won or lost, in the mind.”– Joan of Arc.
20. “Hold the cross high so I may see it through the flames.”– Joan of Arc.
21. “I answered the voice that I was a poor girl who knew nothing of riding and warfare.”– Joan of Arc.
22. “I am the drum on which God is beating out his message.”– Joan of Arc.
23. “I was admonished t0 adopt feminine clothes; I refused, and still refuse. As for other avocations of women, there are plenty of other women to perform them.”– Joan of Arc.
24. “When the wind blows my banner against the bulwark, you shall take it.”– Joan of Arc.
25. “The angels are as perfect in form as they are in spirit.”– Joan of Arc.
26. “Get up tomorrow early in the morning, and earlier than you did today, and do the best that you can.”– Joan of Arc.
27. “Courage! Do not fall back.”– Joan of Arc.
28. “In this I am God’s messenger. Do you set me bravely to work, and I will raise the siege of Orleans.”– Joan of Arc.
29. “Every man gives his life for what he believes. Every woman gives her life for what she believes.”– Joan of Arc.
30. ” The poor folk gladly came to me, for I did them no unkindness, but helped them as much as I could.”– Joan of Arc.