Joe Biden Quotes About Human Rights, Cartoons, Change, Death, Freedom, & Inspirational! Joe Biden is the Vice President of the United States of America. From 2008 to 2016, he served as Vice President under President Barack Obama. Joe Biden was born on November 20, 1942, and grew up in Scranton a small community in northeastern Pennsylvania. Biden attributes his toughness, hard work, and tenacity to his parents’ teachings.
At the adjacent University of Delaware, Biden studied history and political science while participating in the school’s prestigious football program. Biden relocated to Wilmington, Delaware, in 1968 after completing law school and began working for a legal company there. Joe Biden served in the United States Senate from 1973 until 2009. Biden was hailed as one of the Senate’s foremost foreign policy experts while serving as chairman of the Committee on International Policy for many years.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden beat Arizona Senator John McCain and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin on November 2, 2008. Barack Obama, the 44th president and Joe Biden, the 47th vice president of the United States. Joe Biden seemed to welcome the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the Obama administration. President Obama surprised Vice President Biden by awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honour, at the White House.
Obama praised Biden as “the finest vice president America has ever had” and a “lion of American history,” and informed him that he was being recognized for his “trust in your fellow Americans, for your national pride, and for a career of service that will continue through the generations. Two years later, he started his presidential campaign and became the 46th American president.
Best Joe Biden Quotes
- “I do not believe that we have a right to tell other people, women, that they can’t control their bodies.” — Joe Biden
- “It is unfortunate we were put in the position where the Republicans made it clear they were ready to let everything fall unless they got these tax cuts .”— Joe Biden
- “No foreign policy can be sustained in the United States of America without the informed consent of the American people. And informed means just that, successes and failure, a realistic assessment of where we are and what the president plans to do about it.”— Joe Biden
- “We have to make sure that not only we [politicians] actually focus on, but the entire nation knows we’re focusing on, growth and competition within the United States of America and compete internationally. I don’t know anywhere where it’s written that we have to be number two.”— Joe Biden
- “Transgender discrimination is the civil rights issue of our time”— Joe Biden
- “The single biggest stimulus to the economy are the unemployment benefits we’re paying. These people go out and they spend the money. They go out and they have to get by to everything from paying their mortgage or buying food or just getting by. It has a significant impact on economic growth and the continuation of economic growth.”— Joe Biden
- “I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties. And quite frankly, I don’t see much of a distinction – beyond that.”— Joe Biden
- “I’ve been a strong supporter of public financing my whole career. I’m the first guy to introduce a public financing bill to the United States Senate in 1973.”— Joe Biden
- “No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights”
— Joe Biden
- “The worst thing we can do as a nation is taking the easy way out. If you start opening up offshore drilling, then you are buying time and you are not addressing the fundamental problem with fossil fuels.”— Joe Biden
- “I am very optimistic about — about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government,”— Joe Biden
- “One role of government is to go where venture capital won’t.”— Joe Biden
- “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.”— Joe Biden
- “I’m prepared as a matter of faith to accept that life begins at the moment of conception. But that is my judgment. For me to impose that judgment on everyone else who is equally and maybe even more devout than I am seems to me is inappropriate in a pluralistic society.”— Joe Biden
- “My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be Vice President!”— Joe Biden
- “But people turn on their televisions. They turn on their televisions and they see what’s happening in Iraq. The American people are not stupid. And the one thing they understand, they understand how incredibly mismanaged and bungled this war has been by the civilians in this administration. And – I mean, you can’t paper over that, any more than you can paper over Katrina.”— Joe Biden
- “How I Learned to Love the New World Order”— Joe Biden
- “You cannot give the vice president the authority to declassify specific information and then turn around and say he can just give carte blanche to an assistant of his to declassify whatever he wants.”— Joe Biden
- “We take care of those who are grieving, and when that’s finished, they should know: We will follow them to the gates of hell until they are brought to justice. Because hell is where they will reside. Hell is where they will reside,”— Joe Biden
- “Our future cannot depend on the government alone. The ultimate solutions lie in the attitudes and the actions of the American people.”— Joe Biden
- “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”— Joe Biden
- “For too long in this society, we have celebrated unrestrained individualism over common community.”— Joe Biden
- “My dad always said, ‘Champ, the measure of a man is not how often he is knocked down, but how quickly he gets up.’”— Joe Biden
- “We are Boston. We are America. We respond. We endure. We overcome. And we own the finish line.”— Joe Biden
- “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”— Joe Biden