Best Jordan Peterson Quotes
Jordan Peterson Quotes About Life, Love, Suffering, Family, Motivation, Funny, Truth, Responsibility, Wallpaper & Success! The psychologist at the University of Toronto, novelist, and culture commentator Jordan Bernt Peterson is a Canadian. In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, he was born on June 12th, 1962. Sandy Notley, the librarian at his high school, attracted Peterson to Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Aldous Huxley, Ayn Rand, and George Orwell, among other authors.
However, he took a break from Grande Prairie Regional College in the meantime. Instead, he transferred to the University of Alberta, where he received his B.A. in political science in 1982, a year after graduating. After that, he traveled to Europe, where he developed an interest in the psychological underpinnings of the Cold War, mainly European authoritarianism in the twentieth century.
He subsequently went to Canada, where he accepted a full professor at the University of Toronto. His primary research is in social, personality, and abnormal psychology. In addition, he pays particular attention to the psychology of religious and ideological conviction and the assessment and improvement of character and performance.
His research was supported by organizations such as the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Councils of Canada. Peterson is the author and co-author of over a hundred scholarly publications, and he has written two books, ‘Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief’ and ’12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos,’ which is a self-help book that presents 12 guidelines for living one’s best life.
The famous TVOntario current affairs show ‘The Agenda,’ in which he appears regularly as an essayist and panelist, has established a strong internet audience for him. As well, he gained worldwide prominence after a video series put on his YouTube channel called out political correctness and the Canadian government’s Bill C-16.
Best Jordan Peterson Quotes
1. “Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.” – Jordan Peterson
2. “I don’t think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.” – Jordan Peterson
3. “It’s better to do something badly than to not do it at all.” – Jordan Peterson
4. “When should you push back against oppression, despite the danger? When you start nursing secret fantasies of revenge; when your life is being poisoned and your imagination fills with the wish to devour and destroy.” – Jordan Peterson
5. “We may not exactly be God, but we’re not exactly nothing, either.” – Jordan Peterson
6. “Each person’s private trouble cannot be solved by a social revolution, because revolutions are destabilizing and dangerous.” – Jordan Peterson
7. “There are some games you don’t get to play unless you are all in.” – Jordan Peterson
8. “The scope of our behavioral wisdom exceeds the breadth of our explicit interpretation. We act, even instruct, and yet do not understand. How can we do what we cannot explain?” – Jordan Peterson
9. “Chaos can be too much.” – Jordan Peterson
10. “The only time ‘no’ ever means ‘no’ in the absence of violence is when it is uttered by one civilized person to another.” – Jordan Peterson
11. “The things that pose the greatest threats to your survival are the most real things.” – Jordan Peterson
12. “You need to determine how to act toward yourself so that you are most likely to become and to stay a good person.” – Jordan Peterson
13. “We are increasingly falling prey to the desperation of meaninglessness.” – Jordan Peterson
14. “Don’t avoid something frightening if it stands in your way.” – Jordan Peterson
15. “Trust is an unbelievably powerful economic force maybe the most powerful economic force.” – Jordan Peterson
16. “People organize their brains with conversation. If they don’t have anyone to tell their story to, they lose their minds. Like hoarders, they cannot unclutter themselves.” – Jordan Peterson
17. “It is better, proverbially, to rule your own spirit than to rule a city.” – Jordan Peterson
18. “Tyranny feeds on lies.” – Jordan Peterson
19. “Life is indistinguishable from effortful maintenance.” – Jordan Peterson
20. “Kindness is the excuse that social justice warriors use when they want to exercise control over what other people think and say.” – Jordan Peterson
21. “Every bit of learning is a little death. Every bit of new information challenges a previous conception, forcing it to dissolve into chaos before it can be reborn as something better. Sometimes such deaths virtually destroy us.” – Jordan Peterson
22. “Bad laws drive out respect for good laws.” – Jordan Peterson
23. “Dress like the person you want to be. Sometimes you have to act out the person you want to be before you become it.” – Jordan Peterson
24. “Stop saying those things that make you weak and ashamed. Say only those things that make you strong. Do only those things that you could speak of with honor.” – Jordan Peterson
25. “We cannot navigate, without something to aim at, and while we are in this world, we must always navigate.” – Jordan Peterson
26. “The successful among us delay gratification. The successful among us bargain with the future.” – Jordan Peterson
27. “Dreams shed light on the dim places where reason itself has yet to voyage.” – Jordan Peterson
28. “You can’t long tolerate being swamped and overwhelmed beyond your capacity to cope while you are learning what you still need to know.” – Jordan Peterson
29. “Beauty shames the ugly. Strength shames the weak. Death shames the living. And the ideal shames us all.” – Jordan Peterson
30. “You must keep the promises you make to yourself, and reward yourself, so that you can trust and motivate yourself.” – Jordan Peterson