Best Leo Buscaglia Quotes
Leo Buscaglia Quotes About Death, Marriage, I Know for Certain, Love, Hugs, Change, Kindness, Friendship & Risk! The former professor at the University of Southern California’s Department of Special Education, Felice Leonardo “Leo” Buscaglia, popularly known by “Dr. Love,” was an American author and public Speaker. On March 31, 1924, he was born in Los Angeles, California, to a family of Italian immigrants. He spent his early youth in the Italian town of Aosta before returning to the United States to pursue his schooling. He received his education from Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).
Following his service in the Navy during World War II, Buscaglia enrolled in the University of Southern California, where he received three degrees (BA 1950, MA 1954, and Ph.D. 1963) before ultimately entering the faculty. Upon his retirement, Buscaglia was appointed Professor at Large, one of only two such positions available on campus.
The death of one of his students inspired Buscaglia to reflect on human disconnectedness and the purpose of life, prompting him to create a non-credit course at USC called Love 1A, which is still in effect today. This was the inspiration for his first book, LOVE.
The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) recognized his energetic speaking style and his broadcast lectures became quite famous in the 1980s. For a while, his speeches, which were usually shown during fundraising events, brought in more money than any other PBS program. His novels became national bestsellers because of his wide-ranging exposure and emotional storytelling style. His five books were simultaneously on the New York Times Best Sellers List. On June 12, 1998, the renowned Speaker was passed away after a heart attack.
Best Leo Buscaglia Quotes
1.”Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”-Leo Buscaglia.
2. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.”-Leo Buscaglia.
3. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.”-Leo Buscaglia.
4.”Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.”-Leo Buscaglia.
5.”What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.”-Leo Buscaglia.
6. “Change is the end result of all true learning.”-Leo Buscaglia.
7.”Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.”-Leo Buscaglia.
8.”Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lies man’s only promise.”-Leo Buscaglia.
9. “Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation.”-Leo Buscaglia.
10.”Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love, you will find that you are left holding only yourself.”-Leo Buscaglia.
11.”The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.”-Leo Buscaglia.
12.”The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.”-Leo Buscaglia.
13.”To love is to risk not being loved in return…To hope is to risk pain…To try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.”-Leo Buscaglia.
14. “Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lies man s only promise.”-Leo Buscaglia.
15.”We need not be afraid to touch, to feel, to show emotion.”-Leo Buscaglia.
16.”Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.”-Leo Buscaglia.
17.”It is when we ask for Loveless and begin giving it more than the basis of human love is revealed to us.”-Leo Buscaglia.
18.”Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.”-Leo Buscaglia.
19. “We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.”-Leo Buscaglia.
20. “The easiest thing in the world is to be what you are, what you feel. The hardest thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.”-Leo Buscaglia.
21. “Most of us are pawns in a game of love we don’t understand.”-Leo Buscaglia.
22. “It’s not enough to have lived.”-Leo Buscaglia.
23.”My rule is always, People first and things second.”-Leo Buscaglia.
24.”Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.”-Leo Buscaglia.
25.”Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.”-Leo Buscaglia.
26. “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them, and you have found a lover for life.”-Leo Buscaglia.
27. “Our talents are the gift that God gives to us… What we make of our talents is our gift back to God”-Leo Buscaglia.
28. “Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.”-Leo Buscaglia.
29. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”-Leo Buscaglia.
30. “Don’t walk in my head with your dirty feet.”-Leo Buscaglia.