Mahatma Gandhi Quotes About Success, Education, Truth, Youth, Freedom, Life, Change, Time, Unity & Leadership! Many people worldwide consider Mahatma Gandhi to be one of history’s most revolutionary and inspiring characters. It is impossible to forget Gandhi’s unwavering commitment to using nonviolence as a weapon to change minds and hearts while he lived in both South Africa and India. His legacy will endure eternally.
Born on October 2, 1869, in Gujarat as well was raised in a Hindu household. His first nonviolent opposition effort was for racial rights, and he raised his own family. He assumed control of Congress in 1921 and led national campaigns to reduce poverty, promote women’s rights and build religious and ethnic amity. Gandhi also worked to abolish caste discrimination and achieve swaraj or self-rule.
For self-examination and political protest, he moved into a self-sufficient residential neighborhood and consumed simple foods and fast for lengthy periods. Gandhi popularized anti-colonial nationalism among the Indian populace by leading the 400-kilometer (250-mile) Dandi Salt March in 1930 and the appeal for the British to leave India in 1942. For long periods, he was jailed in both South Africa and India.
When Gandhi was advocating the creation of an autonomous, pluralistic, and democratic India, Muslim nationalism was threatening to overthrow him. While Britain gave India its independence in August 1947, it split the British Indian Empire in half, creating a Hindu-majority India and a Muslim-majority Pakistan. On January 30, 1948, at an interfaith prayer meeting in Delhi, a Hindu nationalist militant named Nathuram Godse shot Gandhi three times in the chest. Despite his discomfort with verbal exchanges, his humility and capacity for empathy made him an exceptional listener, allowing him to transmit the hopes and dreams of the passengers effectively.
Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
1. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” –Mahatma Gandhi
7. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”- Mahatma Gandhi
8. “There goes my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9. “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “There is no ‘way to peace,’ there is only peace.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Poverty is the worst form of violence.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage.”- Mahatma Gandhi
16. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.”- Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Don’t talk about it. The rose doesn’t have to propagate its perfume. It just gives it forth, and people are drawn to it. Live it, and people will come to see the source of your power.”- Mahatma Gandhi
18. “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.”- Mahatma Gandhi
19. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”- Mahatma Gandhi
20. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”- Mahatma Gandhi
21. “If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.”- Mahatma Gandhi
22. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”- Mahatma Gandhi
23. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”- Mahatma Gandhi
24. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”- Mahatma Gandhi
25. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”- Mahatma Gandhi