Mao Zedong Quotes About Youth, Chinese, Education, Communism, Revolution, War, Leadership, Religion & Funny! Mao Zedong was founded The People’s Republic of China and a communist leader in China. He was in charge of the catastrophic ‘Great Leap Forward’ and ‘Cultural Revolution’ programs in China. Born on December 26, 1893, Mao was raised by a peasant family. After completing his teaching training, the University Library in Beijing was his first job. During this period, he started to study Marxist literature. A founding member of the Communist Party of China (CCP) in 1921, he established a unit in Hunan. In 1923, the Kuomintang (KMT) nationalist party collaborates with the Communist Party of China (CPP) to overthrow northern China.
To the south, Mao and other communists fled. The Communists and the KMT were able to work together for eight years during the war with Japan (1937-1945), but soon after World War II ended, civil war broke out between them. As a result of the Communists’ victory, Mao Zedong announced the establishment of the People’s Republic of China on October 1, 1949.
Restructuring Chinese society was the goal of Mao and other Communist leaders. China’s farmers started to work together in groups, and the government took over the industry. The Chinese got a lot of help from the Soviet Union, but things soon started to go downhill. During the Great Leap Forward, Mao best tried to make communism more like China. To improve farming and industry, this was meant to get many people to work together.
Consequently, agricultural productivity fell, resulting in starvation and the deaths of millions of people. After abandoning the strategy, Mao’s position was reduced. Despite his seeming triumph, Mao’s health was rapidly worsening. In 1976, Mao died at the age of 82.
Best Mao Zedong Quotes
1. “A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous.” — Mao Zedong
2. “A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another.” — Mao Zedong
3. “An army of the people is invincible!” — Mao Zedong
4. “The evil system of colonialism and imperialism arose and throve with the enslavement of Negroes and the trade in Negroes, and it will surely come to its end with the complete emancipation of the Black people.” — Mao Zedong
5. “People of the whole world, unite still more closely and launch a sustained and vigorous offensive against our common enemy, U.S. imperialism, and its accomplices!” — Mao Zedong
6. It can be said with certainty that the complete collapse of colonialism, imperialism, and all systems of exploitation, and the complete emancipation of all the oppressed peoples and nations of the world are not far off.” — Mao Zedong
7. “To rebel is justified.” — Mao Zedong
8. “You can’t be a revolutionary if you don’t eat chilies.” — Mao Zedong
9. “A potential revolutionary situation exists in any country where the government consistently fails in its obligation to ensure at least a minimally decent standard of life for the great majority of its citizens.” — Mao Zedong
10. “A people’s insurrection and a people’s revolution are not only natural but inevitable.” — Mao Zedong
11. “War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.” — Mao Zedong
12. “I call on the workers, peasants, and revolutionary intellectuals of all countries and all who are willing to fight against U.S. imperialism to take action and extend strong support to the struggle of the Black people in the United States!” — Mao Zedong
13. “The atom bomb is a paper tiger which the United States reactionaries use to scare people. It looks terrible, but in fact, it isn’t.” — Mao Zedong
14. “This army is powerful because all its members have a conscious discipline; they have come together and they fight not for the private interests of a few individuals or a narrow clique, but for the interests of the broad masses and of the whole nation.” — Mao Zedong
15. “Keep the enemy in the dark about where and when our forces will attack.” — Mao Zedong
16. “We are advocates of the abolition of war, we do not want war, but war can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun. Ibid.” — Mao Zedong
17. “War, this monster of mutual slaughter among men, will be finally eliminated by the progress of human society, and in the not too distant future too.” — Mao Zedong
18. “Evil does not exist in guerrilla warfare but only in the unorganized and undisciplined activities that are anarchism.” — Mao Zedong
19. “Politics is war without blood, while war is politics with blood.” — Mao Zedong
20. “Political power grows out of the barrel of the gun.” — Mao Zedong
21. “The struggle of the Black people in the United States for emancipation is a component part of the general struggle of all the people of the world against U.S. imperialism, a component part of the contemporary world revolution.” — Mao Zedong
22. “The Communist party must control the guns.” — Mao Zedong
23. “Very many members of our family have given their lives, killed by the Kuomintang and the American imperialists. You grew up eating honey, and thus far you have never known suffering. In the future, if you do not become a rightist, but rather a centrist, I shall be satisfied. You have never suffered–how can you be a leftist?” — Mao Zedong
24. “Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy.” — Mao Zedong
25. “Imperialism will not last long because it always does evil things.” — Mao Zedong