Prince Philip Quotes About The Queen Movie, Funny, Crown, Marriage, Book, Reincarnation, Wiki, Daily Mail, Elizabeth & Success! Prince Philip was the spouse of Queen Elizabeth II, and he served as the British monarch’s consort from her coronation on February 6, 1952, until his death. On June 10, 1921, he was born. His first role in the Royal Navy was in 1939, when he was 18, after attending school in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
In July 1939, he started writing to the eldest daughter and heir presumptive of King George VI, Princess Elizabeth, at 13. In 1934, he first met her. Philip gave up his Greek and Danish royal titles and styles, became a legal British national, and took his maternal grandparents’ surname Mountbatten before announcing their engagement in July 1947. On November 20, 1947, he married Elizabeth.
Having risen to the rank of commander, Philip retired from military duty after the accession of Elizabeth II in 1952. In 1957, he crowned a British prince. Order in Council from 1960 stated that the Queen’s and Philip’s descendants who do not have royal status or honors might use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor, which certain members have already used.
In his role as a sports fan, Philip played a vital role in the development of the equestrian sport of carriage driving. He was a patron, president, or member of more than 780 organizations, such as the World-Wide Fund for Nature and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, a youth rewards program for adults aged 14 to 24. Currently, Philip is the British royal family’s longest-living male monarch. On August 2, 2017, he stepped down from being king. Philip died on April 9, 2021, two months away from his 100th birthday.
Best Prince Philip Quotes
1. “If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” –Prince Philip
2. “If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.” -Prince Philip
3. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” -Prince Philip
4. “Cannibalism is a radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation.” -Prince Philip
5. “I would like to go to Russia very much — although the bastards murdered half my family.” -Prince Philip
6. “I don’t think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.” -Prince Philip
7. “It’s a pleasure to be in a country that isn’t ruled by its people.” -Prince Philip
8. “Dontopedalogy is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, which I’ve practised for many years.” -Prince Philip
9. “I don’t care what kind it is, just get me a beer.” -Prince Philip
10.” I just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist. I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus.” -Prince Philip
11. “Human population growth is probably the single most serious long-term threat to survival. We’re in for a major disaster if it isn’t curbed…We have no option. If it isn’t controlled voluntarily, it will be controlled involuntarily by an increase in disease, starvation and war.” -Prince Philip
12. “If you stay here much longer you’ll all be slitty-eyed.” -Prince Philip
13. “Do you still throw spears at each other?” -Prince Philip
14. “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?” -Prince Philip
15. “As so often happens, I discover that it would have been better to keep my mouth shut.” -Prince Philip
16. “You’re just a silly little Whitehall twit: you don’t trust me and I don’t trust you.” -Prince Philip
17. “If you travel as much as we do, you appreciate the improvements in aircraft design of less noise and more comfort – provided you don’t travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly.” -Prince Philip
18. “A horse which stops dead just before a jump and thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides a splendid excuse for general merriment.” -Prince Philip
19. “So you are the people tearing down the Brazilian rainforest and breeding cattle.” -Prince Philip
20. “Change does not change tradition, it strengthens it. Change is a challenge and an opportunity, not a threat.” -Prince Philip