Rahm-Emanuel Quotes About Never waste a good crisis, Ambassador, Daughter, Keep Going On, Success, & Motivational! An American diplomat and politician, Rahm Emanuel (born November 29, 1959), has been the United States Ambassador to Japan until February 2022. Democratic, his prior positions include 55th Mayor of Chicago (2011-2019), 23rd Chief of Staff (2009-2010), and Illinois Representative (2003-2009) in the United States House of Representatives.
Emanuel and his siblings went on frequent field trips to art museums and civil rights demonstrations as children. His mother said the youngsters were expected to assist cook supper and be up-to-date on the day’s events.
Emanuel is an alumnus of Sarah Lawrence and Northwestern Universities. Emanuel began his career as Bill Clinton’s presidential campaign’s 1992 director of finance. He joined the Clinton administration as an adviser on policy and strategy and as the president’s assistant for political affairs. After Rod Blagojevich stepped down as Illinois’ governor, Emanuel ran for the vacancy in the House of Representatives. President Barack Obama appointed White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel after the 2008 presidential election. Emanuel, who was regarded by the New York Times as “probably the most powerful chief of staff of a generation,” immediately earned a reputation for his caustic, insulting tirades, mainly targeting the Democratic Party.
In the non-partisan mayoral election, Emanuel won 55% of the vote, beating out five other competitors. After a slew of scandals, Emanuel’s approval rating dropped to the “low 20s.” Emanuel declared in October 2017 that he intended to run for a third term, but he changed his mind on September 4, 2018. Lori Lightfoot took over as his successor when he stepped down from the presidency in May 2019.
Best Rahm-Emanuel Quotes
- You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that: it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.-Rahm-Emanuel
- I wake up some mornings hating me too.-Rahm-Emanuel
- You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.-Rahm-Emanuel
- Take your f***ing tampon out and tell me what you have to say.-Rahm-Emanuel
- We’re bending the law as far as we can to ban an entirely new class of guns.-Rahm-Emanuel
- Republicans are ‘bad people who deserve a two-by-four upside their heads.’-Rahm-Emanuel
- Permitting and protecting even the smallest acts of abuse by a tiny fraction of our officers leads to a culture where extreme acts of abuse are more likely.-Rahm-Emanuel
- Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values.-Rahm-Emanuel
- No officer should be allowed to behave as if they are above the law, just because they are responsible for upholding the law.-Rahm-Emanuel
- You may say I may be unfit to be mayor. But you can never say I’m an unfit mayor.-Rahm-Emanuel
- As individuals, we will be judged in our lives by the totality of our actions. Not one thing will stand out. And I think that’s how we get judged by our colleagues and that’s how we get judged by the good lord.-Rahm-Emanuel
- I think the most important thing for us to make judgments about is what can we really do? What can we achieve?-Rahm-Emanuel
- The American people… want change. They want big ideas, big reform.-Rahm-Emanuel
- Whose leadership, whose judgment, whose values do you want in the White House when that lands like a thud on the oval office desk?-Rahm-Emanuel
- Counting the numbers of troops is not going to define our success here. There is no military success, ultimately, to Afghanistan. The Afghans themselves are going to define what happens here. And we have to convince ourselves that we have a strategy in place that empowers them to do that and that is realistic in what our expectations are from them and on what schedule.-Rahm-Emanuel
- I’ve not been to Afghanistan or – but what people are clearly pointing to is that it becomes more difficult to have it. You could do it. I think weather is a factor. The most important factor though is credibility and legitimacy. What I wanted earlier to say is what I think Senator [John] Kerry is pointing to, which is important, is the strategic review on whether to send more troops is only one piece of the puzzle, important piece.-Rahm-Emanuel
- A strong economy depends on a strong middle class, but George Bush has put the middle class in a hole, and John McCain has a plan to keep digging that hole with George Bush’s shovel.-Rahm-Emanuel
- Banks are slowly but surely lending again, and never again will taxpayers foot the bill for Wall Street’s excesses. In case we forgot, that was the change we believed in. That was the change we fought for. That was the change President Obama delivered.-Rahm-Emanuel
- The fact is, Bush’s war policy has failed. It’s failed! Who better to say so than Jack Murtha?-Rahm-Emanuel
- Things happened there that I don’t think are the finest hours for anybody, whether it was a journalist, the legal system or, in that case of the political system, who would say that was an example of when Washington worked best.-Rahm-Emanuel