Ronald Reagan Quotes About America, Freedom, Government, Funny, Socialism, Communism, Leadership, The Future, Politics & God! While taken as President of the United States, Ronald Reagan was also a well-known actor and union leader in Hollywood. On February 6, 1911, he was born in Tampico, Illinois. Reagan’s family moved from town to town throughout his early years, eventually landing in Dixon, Illinois, where Jack founded a shoe business in 1920.
In Dixon, he worked as a lifeguard for the course of his summer holidays. Following graduation in 1932, he worked as a sports broadcaster on the radio in the state of Iowa. Reagan agreed to a seven-year deal with Warner Bros in 1937. He featured in more than 50 films during the following three decades. George Gipp, the star of Notre Dame’s football team in Knute Rockne, All-American (1940), was one of his most well-known parts.
At this time, he rose to the top of the ‘Screen Actors Guild’ and served as its president for five years. After his playing career took a downturn, he found work as a public representative for the weekly drama series “The General Electric Theater.” As a result, he adopted a more conservative political stance. A decade in the political wilderness was all it took for him to be elected governor of California finally.
As a result, he became a well-liked politician with a growing following that began to trust his opinions. His election at the age of 69 made him the oldest elected president in US history. He was instrumental in boosting the US economy and putting pressure on the Soviet Union to end the Cold War. On June 5, 2004, he passed away at his Los Angeles home at the age of 93, becoming himself the country’s oldest president at the time.
Best Ronald Reagan Quotes
1. “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” – Ronald Reagan
2. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” – Ronald Reagan
3. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
4. “All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” – Ronald Reagan
5. “Coercion, after all, merely captures man. Freedom captivates him.” – Ronald Reagan
6. “Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today’s world do not have.” – Ronald Reagan
7. “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan
8. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
9. “Don’t be afraid to see what you see.” – Ronald Reagan
10. “Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.” – Ronald Reagan
11. “Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.” – Ronald Reagan
12. “If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.” – Ronald Reagan
13. “The struggle now going on for the world will never be decided by bombs or rockets, by armies or military might. The real crisis we face today is a spiritual one; at root, it is a test of moral will and faith.” – Ronald Reagan
14. “I used to say that politics was the second-oldest profession. I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first.” – Ronald Reagan
15. “Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things.” – Ronald Reagan
16. “One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project.” – Ronald Reagan
17. “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.” – Ronald Reagan
18. “Welfare’s purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.” – Ronald Reagan
19. “You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.” – Ronald Reagan
20. “Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out.” – Ronald Reagan
21. “The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.” – Ronald Reagan
22. “There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.” – Ronald Reagan
23. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose. Somehow we win out.” – Ronald Reagan
24. “Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.” – Ronald Reagan
25. “Thomas Jefferson once said, ‘We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.’ And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.” – Ronald Reagan