Ronnie James Dio Quotes About Life, Songs, Success & Inspirational! Ronald James Padavona, best known as Ronnie James Dio, was an American vocalist and composer of heavy metal music. As a performer, he has led or created various bands, notably Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, and Heaven & Hell. On July 10, 1942, dio was born. He started learning to play the trumpet as part of his official musical instruction at five.
Despite being Played in the band at school and was one of the younger members chosen to perform in the school’s official dance band. Beginning with the Vegas Kings in 1957, Dio’s musical journey had begun. The rock band Elf, which he founded in 1967, served as a frequent opening act for Deep Purple for many years. Ritchie Blackmore created Rainbow in 1975 and recruited Dio as the band’s primary vocalist; the band issued three studio albums during his stay.
Dio rapidly became one of hard rock’s most prominent singers. He and former bandmate Tony Iommi formed the band Heaven & Hell in 2006. He passed away of Stomach cancer on May 16, 2010. Heavy metal legend Dio has been hailed as one of the best and most influential musicians in history. He is well-known for his medieval song lyrics and for popularizing the “metal horns” hand signal in metal culture.
Dio could sing either hard rock or ballads with a solid and varied vocal range. In 2006, he received the “Metal Guru Award” from Classic Rock Magazine. He was also voted “Best Metal Singer” at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards in 2010.
Best Ronnie James Dio Quotes
- “In my mind, we live in Heaven, and we live in Hell.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “Music, Rock and Roll music especially, is such a generational thing. Each generation must have their own music, I had my own in my generation, you have yours, everyone I know has their own generation.” –Ronnie James Dio
- “The best subjects are always people, who never fail to amaze me by their unpredictability.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “My hand landed on a rock, and the gnome landed on it, squashing my thumb between the rock and the gnome. Basically, it was crushed and took the end of my thumb off. I just looked at my hand, and the first thought that flashed into my mind was, ‘How on earth am I going to make my devil horn sign now? That’s my trademark!” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I always wanted to be a basketball player.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I don’t really hear much music these days that grabs me. I think there are a lot of reasons for this but the overriding one is that there aren’t as many opportunities for a band to get good or experiment or start the next wave of something.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “The Catholic Church, though I think it’s important that people grow up with moral values, I just always disagreed with their tactics, which I thought were fright tactics, as opposed to sitting down and explaining the situation.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I never agreed with the message of the Catholic Church – and still don’t to this day.” – Ronnie James Dio
- “Someday, I’ll be too old to run around the stage – though that won’t hopefully happen for a long while yet.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “My childhood was safe and sane. No abuse and no traumas. I was surrounded by a large and loving family who taught me the importance of hard work and a meaningful education.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I never planned to join Black Sabbath – it just happened. It was back in 1979 when they were celebrating their 10th anniversary.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I had no problem with Ritchie. Ritchie and I never argued. We never had a problem. I think I was always able to write the things that he wanted – until he decided he wanted to be a pop star. And then he started doing pop music. And once he did that, that was the end for me.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I liked ‘Last Train to Clarksville.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I just bought a building in Los Angeles – on Sunset Boulevard. It’s a building that was owned by Charlie Chaplin. It’s going to be a sound- stage for videos; for full-scale productions.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “After it was sewn back on, they did a proper job of it, and now it’s OK. It looks a little distorted, and the nail has not grown fully back yet, but I’m thankful I still have my thumb, and I can still do my horn sign.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I think life should be easier as you get older and not more difficult. And Ritchie is too difficult a person for me to deal with, because I like to have control of my own life.”– Ronnie James Dio
- “Saddam’s fate should be in the hands of his country men. They were the major victims of his brutal reign and should decide his life, death, or permanent imprisonment. Personally, I would lock him away forever.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I’ve never taken vocal lessons. My early trumpet training and a fortunate talent for singing has always been enough for me. In the case of rock singing, I’ve always felt it was better to remain a bit untrained to maintain your individuality.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I know it was all a bit of a sham. But I know that Mickey Dolenz sang. And Davy Jones sang. And Mike Nesmith sang. And Peter Tork did something.” -Ronnie James Dio
- “I think that he was a prophet. I’ve had a difficult time coming to terms with Jesus Christ as the Son of God.” -Ronnie James Dio