Steve Harvey Quotes About Life, Love, God, Relationship, Marriage, Funny, Faith, Work, Money, Education, Hell, Dreams & Loyalty! Steve Harvey is an American comedian, television presenter, director, radio presenter, actor, and author renowned for hosting “The Steve Harvey Show.” Harvey was born on January 17, 1957, in Welch, West Virginia, and made his career becoming in comedy before well known for his relationship counseling.
He was an auto mechanic, an insurance salesman, a carpet cleaner, and even a mail carrier before breaking into the world of stand-up comedy. Hilarities Comedy Club in Cleveland, Ohio, hosted his first-ever stand-up show on October 8, 1985. While pursuing a career in television, Harvey also continued to perform stand-up comedy across the country. He collaborated with other stand-up comics to produce a DVD entitled ‘The Original Kings of Comedy, eventually released.
Harvey took his shot at the big screen in 2003 after gaining fame on television and the stage. He appeared in two films, ‘The preventing Temptations’ and ‘Racing Stripes’ (as a supporting actor). Harvey’s 27-year career as a stand-up comic finally ended in August 2012, when he performed his last stand-up set at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. In addition to his work on television and movies, Harvey has also had a significant impact on radio. ‘The Steve Harvey Morning Show,’ which began airing in 2005 and continues to this day, is his daily morning radio show.
Harvey is a dedicated comedian who has won six-time Daytime hours Emmy Awards, two-time Marconi Awards, and 14 NAACP Image Awards for his work on television and film. He is also a part of the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, which does charitable paintings.
Best Steve Harvey Quotes
1. “You can be happy, or you can be right. If you want to be part of a couple and win every argument, you’re in trouble.” – Steve Harvey
2. “You’ve got to quit lowering your standards. Set your requirements upfront so when a guy hooks you, he has to know this is business.” – Steve Harvey
3. “I’m just a living witness that you can be an imperfect soldier and still be in the army fighting for God Almighty. Don’t you think you got to be perfect ’cause I ain’t.” – Steve Harvey
4. “A guy that’s really serious about you, he’s gotta be talking to you, he’s gotta want to have one-on-one, in-your-face interaction. That’s how we are.” – Steve Harvey
5. “How can smart women be so stupid about men sometimes? Lack of knowledge. It’s what men have kept secret for so long.” – Steve Harvey
6. “I don’t think it’s cool for people to say, ‘You shouldn’t reference God because I don’t believe that, and I don’t want to hear it.’ Well, there’s a lot of stuff I don’t believe that I still gotta hear.” – Steve Harvey
7. “God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it.” – Steve Harvey
8. “Women are the real reason we get up every day. I’m talking about real men. If there were no women, I would not even have to bathe, because why would I care? These are guys I’m hanging with. I wake up for a woman every day of my life to make it happen for her.” – Steve Harvey
9. “A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.” – Steve Harvey
10. “I think there are so many books out there written on relationships and romance that women are the authors of. How can women know exactly how men think? And there are so many guys out there with relationship books who are just not telling the truth. They have shaded parts.” – Steve Harvey
11. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” – Steve Harvey
12. “The first time I saw my wife, Marjorie, I was doing stand-up in Memphis, and she was sitting in the front row. Afterward, I walked up and said, ‘Ma’am, I’m going to marry you one day.’ And 15 years later, I did.” – Steve Harvey
13. “I’d have to say I’m most proud of my mentoring camp that I do in Dallas every year for one hundred boys from single-parent homes. I was raised by a mother who was a Sunday school teacher and a father who worked hard. Together they taught me to give back.” – Steve Harvey
14. “I think that we, as the African-American men in hip-hop, we have a greater responsibly because we have the ears of so many millions of our young people. And they listenin’.” – Steve Harvey
16. “I never say ‘nagging.’ I think that ‘nagging’ is a term that men created to get women to pipe down some. But, it’s a trap that we’ve created. We created several terms for women to back you down. Nagging means to stop asking me questions, then we get away with more. I think it’s a term men created.” – Steve Harvey
17. “You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.” – Steve Harvey
18. “Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing – your gift.” – Steve Harvey
19. “Procrastination will delay your change! Today is a very good day to change; don’t let you stop yourself from growing.” – Steve Harvey
20. “Growth is in a series of mistakes. That’s the only way you learn.” – Steve Harvey
21. “Your career is what you’re paid for. Your calling is what you’re made for.” – Steve Harvey
22. “I am from the hood; I never had nothing. Now that I have something, I must give back.” – Steve Harvey
22. “He’s an honest man who does what he says.” – Steve Harvey
24. “What you want out of life is the thing you have to give the most of.” – Steve Harvey
25. “The more people you help become successful the more successful you become.” – Steve Harvey